Thursday, January 29, 2009

The news

I was clicking through the TV channels while on the treadmill today and clicked right past the president speaking live on CNN. This was the result of a habit I'd developed during the last eight years. I had trained myself to avoid all potentially disturbing political speeches and soundbites by tuning them out. It was a reflex, a Pavlovian response. But, wait a minute, I thought, this is Barack Obama. I might like what he's saying!

So,I flipped back and listened as the president explained to reporters some of his specific plans for the country, and it was interesting and enjoyable. How unusual! Perhaps I'll be better informed during this administration since I can once again stand to watch the news and news channels.

So far I'm pretty pleased with everything Obama's done. Except for inviting that homophobic, fundamentalist cult leader to speak at the inauguration. I'm still getting over that.

No comments:

Post a Comment