Thursday, January 15, 2009

minus four

The low tonight is predicted to be minus four! That's pretty cold, and has me wishing I could be somewhere warm, with the sunshine baking my bones. I'd happily hop on a plane & go to the tropics or the desert, even though I've told BB that I don't want to travel right now, or even think about planning a trip.

She recently had an idea about driving down to Asheville NC. I'd really like to see Asheville, and so it was an appealing idea. I looked at the map and saw that we could drive through the Smokey Mountains National Park on our way & that would be nice. We were beginning to plan the trip for this April, but I had to call a halt. There's just too many other things on my mind right now. The writing for one thing. And for another, finding a new place to live.

This spring will be filled with finding a new house or apartment - no easy challenge in Detroit, especially considering BB's commute. But I've got to get off this island where I feel so isolated, and we've got to get away from living across the street from a high-school before drum practice season begins again!

BB is still hooked on Facebook Texas hold 'em. She has played every night since she discovered it, though she claims the appeal is beginning to wear off. At least it's not for money. But since she's begun we haven't played cards, had dinner together, or watched TV. Between the two of us the computer is in nearly constant use these days. BB says we've got to get wireless in our next place!

No comments:

Post a Comment