Wednesday, December 30, 2009

The Holiday Season

I'm not a person who generally enjoys "the holiday season". The holidays are something I approach with dread and try my best to get through. Though some years, of-course, are better than others. Some years are okay. Some have even been fun and happy. This year Santa brought a mixed bag.

But one good thing about every holiday season is the release of a slew of new movies. I always look forward to that, and this year is no exception. Except, I'm not at all interested in the alien world of Avatar. Or Sherlock Holmes, which has been described as having "intensely exaggerated fight scenes, played out in graphic slow-motion or at hyperspeed."

So far this season I've seen two new movies, The Blind Side, and Up In The Air, both of which I can recommend. Especially Up In The Air. It's not quite as great as its hype, but definitely worth seeing. The story goes places you don't expect, the characters are complex, the visual are a treat, the two supporting actresses are very good, and George Clooney is as charming as usual.

No comments:

Post a Comment