Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Detroit 187

I spent the day on a boat yesterday, pretending to be a guest at a Polish wedding. It was a long, hot, grueling day, working as an extra for a new television show that will be on ABC this fall.

"Detroit 187" is a drama about homicide cops in Detroit who are having a documentary film made of their work - or something like that. I think. The show appears to be filmed, at least partially, in a documentary style. And it also seems to be partially humorous.

It doesn't sound like something I'd watch, but of-course I'm intrigued because it's set in Detroit. It's always fun to see familiar Detroit places in films and television shows, but it's too bad about how the city will be depicted.

I'm sure Detroit's image as a dangerous, dirty, dying place will be exploited as much as possible. And even though there is truth to that, it's not the whole story of Detroit. I'm afraid this show will just perpetuate an already bad image. And that's a shame. But I sure didn't hesitate to be part of it!


No comments:

Post a Comment